Chronic Hope


Why "chronic hope" ? The Free Merriam-Webster dictionary defines chronic as " marked by long duration or frequent recurrence". I named this blog Chronic Hope as it is my intention that this will be a place where hope, encouragement, compassion and understanding will be the heart of this site.

This is a place for people in all parts of the journey of life.

Welcome
~Andrea

Friday, November 18, 2011

Carried

See, the Lord God comes with might,
   and his arm rules for him;
his reward is with him,
   and his recompense before him. 
He will feed his flock like a shepherd;
   he will gather the lambs in his arms,
and carry them in his bosom,
   and gently lead the mother sheep.   Isaiah 40:10-11


This song by Mark Schultz gave me a great deal of encouragement and comfort in the early  months and years of my illness, particularly in the time when I was trying to manage something I didn't understand and didn't know the name of.  Today's word of hope and encouragement comes in song~ may it bless you deeply.

(you should be able to click the link below and it will take you right to the song)

He Will Carry Me - Today's Christian Videos
http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=Z6PDWNNX

4 comments:

kardot said...

When you don't feel worthy of being carried, ashamed of being depressed, it is hard to reach out. I have a wonderful life and yet, the demons are winning. The negative voices that reinforce what I believe to be true are so loud sometimes, I can't hear God's voice or see His outstretched hand.

Anonymous said...

hi to all chronichopeministry.blogspot.comers this is my first post and thought i would say a big hello to yous -
speak soon
garry m

Andrea Starn said...

Kardot,
I understand. It is hard to reach out when we have no more physical or emotional strength to do so. And there are times when God's voice seems silent to us (or the demons too loud); and we can't see the outstreched hand.
I know that wilderness place very well-- better than I ever wanted to know it.
I would tell you, (and me) that even when we can't hear God's voice, and when we can't see the hand outstretched, it doesn't mean God has left us.
There are times when God acts in ways that I don't understand. I get angry and hurt. God doesn't leave when we're angry and hurt.
That's NOT the God we see revealed in Jesus... in fact, it's the opposite. When people couldn't hear, and didn't know God's love, God became flesh and dwelt among us...so we could understand that God is most present in the dark, difficult times of life.
I would encourage us, when we're in that place to look to the cross of Jesus, and know that his nail-scarred hands are already holding us close...and he holds us as God.
peace, dear one...and do not give up.
Andrea

Andrea Starn said...

Hi Garry,
Thanks for coming to the blog and saying "hello" :-)
Welcome!
I hope that some posts here speak to you in an encouraging way.
take care,
Andrea