Chronic Hope


Why "chronic hope" ? The Free Merriam-Webster dictionary defines chronic as " marked by long duration or frequent recurrence". I named this blog Chronic Hope as it is my intention that this will be a place where hope, encouragement, compassion and understanding will be the heart of this site.

This is a place for people in all parts of the journey of life.

Welcome
~Andrea

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Feisty Tuesday- words and a song

."Fight the Good fight of faith" 1 Timothy 6:12a
...sometimes on this journey, we just have to get feisty.  Those times come for me when I least want to fight back against the illness--those times when I'm so worn out, and so discouraged that I feel like a marathon runner who has hit the 'wall'. 


Until I faced years of the same illness, I didn't understand...


People sometimes tell me that they are amazed by how I am facing chronic illness, but they don't usually see the rough days: the days when I can barely get out of bed, and when I cry out in frustration--when I fight red tape and fill out forms, and feel like I'm talking to walls-- they don't see the reaction to "the test is normal"--which is both a sigh of relief, and a sigh of frustration that we still don't know what we're facing...


Being amazing has nothing to do with it...it sheer stubbornness...and the deep, soul understanding that giving up is not an option. 


The very odd blessing in this experience is that the deeper we reach inside ourselves for strength, the stronger the power is that comes out.  At some point, we run out of our own strength, you see, and the power that comes as we're grasping is God's own grace. As Natalie Grant says, "my brokenness helped me to see, it's Grace I'm standing on..."


Whatever you are facing today, I wish for you a healthy dose of feistiness, and fight  (not at those who love and care for you), but to put toward breaking through what is standing in your way.


May the words and music of Natalie Grant's song give you some energy and some fight~ (This is one of my favorite songs to keep moving, dig deeper and trust God more)


Blessings to you,
Andrea


I have been the wayward child
I have acted out
I have questioned Sovereignty
And had my share of doubt
And though sometimes my prayers feel like
They're bouncing off the sky
The hand I hold won't let me go
And is the reason why...

[Chorus:]
I will stumble
I will fall down
But I will not be moved
I will make mistakes
I will face heartaches
But I will not be moved
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
I will not be moved

Bitterness has plagued my heart
Many times before
My life has been like broken glass
And I have kept the score
Of all my shattered dreams and though it seemed
That I was far too gone
My brokenness helped me to see
It's grace I'm standing on

[Chorus]

And the chaos in my life
Has been a badge I've worn
Though I have been torn
I will not be moved

[Chorus]




1 comment:

Pamm said...

This one of my favorite blogs you posted...

Frequently, folks comment "I don't know how you do it." And it as you stated.

There is no other choice but to fight the battle on bad days and cherish the good days, trying not to over do it as I am so excited to function as I choose.

Pamm