Chronic Hope


Why "chronic hope" ? The Free Merriam-Webster dictionary defines chronic as " marked by long duration or frequent recurrence". I named this blog Chronic Hope as it is my intention that this will be a place where hope, encouragement, compassion and understanding will be the heart of this site.

This is a place for people in all parts of the journey of life.

Welcome
~Andrea

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Reminders for us all~

You say: 'It's impossible' ..................... God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27)
You say: 'I'm too tired' ........................ God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)
You say: 'Nobody really loves me'........ God says: I love you (John 3:1 6 & John 3:34 )
You say: 'I can't go on'........................ God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)
You say: 'I can't figure things out' ......... God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5- 6)
You say: 'I can't do it'.......................... God says: You can do all things ( Philippians 4:13)
You say: 'I'm not able' ......................... God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)
You say: 'It's not worth it'........................ God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28 )
You say: 'I can't forgive myself'............ God says: I Forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
You say: 'I can't manage'..................... God says: I will supply all your needs ( Philippians 4:19)
You say: 'I'm afraid' ............................ God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7)
You say: 'I'm always worried .............. God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)
You say: 'I'm not smart enough'..............God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)
You say: 'I feel all alone'..................... God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5


I have to admit that I've said all of these at one time or another. Thank you to my friend Joan for sharing these with me.  I don't know about you all, but I need reminders.
peace to you,
Andrea

ps- this week has been, and continues to be a week of tests (and testing!) in various ways for me, as they try to determine the cause of the ongoing abdominal pain I've been having.  I share this to ask for your prayers for the docs, and staff, and for some wisdom in facing this week.  I also share this, as I want those who may be new to this blog to realize that what is written here is not from some lofty view, but from someone who faces daily along with you, the challenges of understanding and managing ongoing health issues.
Lastly, I share this to let you know that I may be "out of it" for a few more days and not posting, as anaesthesia usually lasts about twice as long for me to recover from than it used to.
My prayers continue for you all as well, as you face this day and this week. Blessings~  A.

1 comment:

kardot said...

Praying for you. Hope you get some good rest when the tests are over.