Chronic Hope


Why "chronic hope" ? The Free Merriam-Webster dictionary defines chronic as " marked by long duration or frequent recurrence". I named this blog Chronic Hope as it is my intention that this will be a place where hope, encouragement, compassion and understanding will be the heart of this site.

This is a place for people in all parts of the journey of life.

Welcome
~Andrea

Monday, August 22, 2011

Quitting- Wise Words from a Wise Friend

"Three times I appealed to the Lord about this, that it would leave me, but he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.’ So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak, then I am strong. " 2 Corinthians 12:8-10

Good morning everyone~
My apologies for the sporatic posting this past week.  My husband and I both had bouts of the flu, and our daughter started high school this week, and all of it required more energy than I had.  Still recovering from the flu 'bug', but a bit better this morning.

During the week, I received an email of the posting on a friend's blog.  He's a Triathlete, colleague and has been a friend for over 20 years.  I respect him in every way, so to hear what he shared in his blog about quitting really touched my heart, and spoke volumes to me.  For if a triathlete struggles with this stuff, then it gives me (who never has been, nor ever will be a great athlete) hope and room for grace.  I hope his words may speak to you today as well.

I've included the link if you want to read more of his blog work-  by the way-  I find him to be an engaging writer as well, so I highly recommend his blog to you.

Thank you all so much for being here, for sticking with this blog even when I'm sidelined by this chronic illness, and for sharing what you do with all of us.  I think every one of you is amazing, and I wish you well for this day.
Peace,
Andrea

ps- just click on the title in the next paragraph and it should take you right to Darrell's blog. 



Triatheology: Quitting: Despite my recent posts about persevering and staying the course I have to admit this has been a season of quitting for me... On the first...

No comments: