Chronic Hope


Why "chronic hope" ? The Free Merriam-Webster dictionary defines chronic as " marked by long duration or frequent recurrence". I named this blog Chronic Hope as it is my intention that this will be a place where hope, encouragement, compassion and understanding will be the heart of this site.

This is a place for people in all parts of the journey of life.

Welcome
~Andrea

Sunday, May 22, 2011

How Can I Keep From Singing?

" Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord from the heavens;
   praise him in the heights! 
Praise him, all his angels;
   praise him, all his host!


 Praise him, sun and moon;
   praise him, all you shining stars!
Praise him, you highest heavens,
   and you waters above the heavens!"  Psalm 148:1-4  NRSV 


The sun is shining this morning, the birds are chittering, and for some unknown reason my head is spinning and I'm knocked flat with light-headedness and dizziness-- my reflections today will be necessarily short.  As I pondered what to post this morning, I thought about this paradox of being surrounded by a glorious morning and feeling absolutely lousy.  I am certain there are many others who visit this blog that know, from their own experience and perspective, exactly what I'm talking about if not today, then on other days.

I chose this particular song this morning because it is not your typical "happy, happy, joy, joy" song.  It is beautiful and lively, and it praises God...but listen carefully.  It speaks of praising God in the prardoxes of our lives, when others would not expect us to be praising. This song is just as appropriate and beautiful beside a hospital bed and at a funeral as it is on a Sunday morning in worship on a beautiful spring day. 

May the words of this song bring us to a worshipful place, even if we're too ill this morning to attend worship, and may we know that the Lord hears clearly those praises that come from the difficult places in our lives.
peace,
Andrea





No comments: