Chronic Hope


Why "chronic hope" ? The Free Merriam-Webster dictionary defines chronic as " marked by long duration or frequent recurrence". I named this blog Chronic Hope as it is my intention that this will be a place where hope, encouragement, compassion and understanding will be the heart of this site.

This is a place for people in all parts of the journey of life.

Welcome
~Andrea

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Love and Power of Hope

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Today's devotion comes in the form of a video clip that was shared with me.  My words today will be few, and I pray that this may inspire, encourage and uplift you this day~

A true story:  One day a son asks his father: "Daddy, will you run the marathon with me?" The father answers yes and both run their first marathon together. One day, the son asks his father if he wants to run the marathon with him again and the father answers yes. They both run the marathon together again. Then one day the son asks his father: "Daddy, will you run the Ironman with me?" (the Ironman is the toughest...it requires a 4km swim, 180km biking and 42km running). The father says yes again. This all sounds easy...but check this video.
Length: ‎4:35




Today's prayer~  Loving God, thank you for inspiring us by others, for challenging us to love and care for others, and for carrying us in your tender arms.  Your gentle, faithful touch in our lives reminds us that your love is boundless and your hope for our lives is eternal.  Amen.

No comments: